Sunday, May 24, 2009

For Cody

I look around and see all the faces filled with discontent..
And to find out why could only be my first intent..
I ask around and try to find out what is going on...
But I soon find out that I don't like what I have tread upon..

They say it's come over you; just like it did my brother..
Except in this case, man....the type is of another..
For all that it is worth; and may it not sound vain..
I'd rather take this illness; than hear you feel this pain..

I never met you once; or even seen your face..
But I know of all the high hopes of which you embrace..
Listen to me now, as it may be the last chance I get..
You will not be one for people to quickly just forget.

The time is fleeting right from underneath our fingertips.
And soon enough, we'll have to overcome the hardships..
Even if I never meet you, I'll never say goodbye..
Because I know one day I'll see you in that place on high.

This is not the end; nobody ever said it was.
We'll all meet up again....the same place up above.

1 comment:

  1. Not to sound mushy or anything but you almost made me cry. (that's a compliment ;D)

    ReplyDelete