Sunday, May 24, 2009

In remembrance of you.

Memories take me back to that one place in time..
Where everything was right, and I called you mine..
I'd hold you so close, and whisper in your ear..
"You know I will always and forever be here"..
I knew that this was how I wanted to feel..
Living each like like it's something surreal..
You gave me a place to stay in your heart..
And I knew we could never be torn apart..

I came home one day and seen things had changed..
My life had somehow become rearranged..
And just like the ocean swallows the sun..
A life on my own had slowly begun...

I woke up this morning and you were not there...
It was at the moment that I was aware..
Your stuff was all gone like you were never here..
I read the note you left, and broke down in tears..
"I'm leaving here tonight, to a place that's much better..
Before I left, I had to leave you this letter..
You made me feel whole, and I want you to know..
Since I was your angel, I'll have a halo..
I know that you could never want this from me..
But promise when I'm gone that you will be happy..
I'll love you no matter what you may endeavor..
I'll be looking down on on you, always and forever.."

With all of that said, I can not help but say..
I'm counting down minutes, til' I fly away..
She leaves me in dreams, her silent alarms..
That remind me when in Heaven, she'll be in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment